European Blackjack Rules
Not everyone is familiar with the basic Blackjack European rules, even though there is no major difference between this variant and American Blackjack. However, a few special European Blackjack rules must be conversant with every player before placing a bet at a real money casino site.
- Players are unable to split 4s, 5s, or 10-value cards;
- When showing a 10 or Ace, dealers can’t check for blackjack;
- Dealers always stand on soft 17 and draw on 16;
- After splitting, gamblers have the chance to double down;
- If the dealer has blackjack, gamblers lose their entire wager;
- Players can take insurance but cannot surrender;
- Although ace can be split, gamblers receive only one extra card for each ace.
How to Play European Blackjack
Understanding how online European Blackjack gameplay works are very important if users want to play European Blackjack. For those new, ensure that you have done your research and gone through some of the basic rules associated with playing this game. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to play European Blackjack:
- Join a suitable table: its main purpose of playing is to get as close as possible to 21 without going past it. Upon placing your wager, you will be dealt your cards, and the dealer will also be dealt 2 cards.
- Hit or Stand?: take a close look at your hand and put into consideration some European Blackjack strategies to help players determine if they will prefer to stand, i.e. to keep your hand, hit, i.e. to be dealt another card, split your hands, to more than one or double your bet.
- Settle your hand: There will come a time when you have worked on your hand as much as possible to have a number less or equal to 21. With this, users get to stay in this game and have a chance of winning.
- The dealer reveals their hand: eventually, its dealer reveals their cards that are facedown, and based on how it is, they can decide to hit the hand. In cases where your hand beats that of the dealer, then you have won that round.
Free European Blackjack
If you want to try a European Blackjack demo or enjoy soft jazz music playing in the background, it is advisable to play a couple of hands for free in its demo game. There aren’t many drawbacks to playing the European Blackjack game for free; it’s just a chance to see if it’s your cup of tea without risking any real money. Familiarizing yourself with side bets, gameplay, and so on will prevent unpleasant surprises later on when it’s too late to back out. Another advantage of this variant is that this game is played with 2 decks, which is a great choice for card counters. With this, they can use their selected system successfully and monitor cards conveniently. Players can also practise their free European Blackjack Australia gameplay before playing with real money. With all this being said, if you want to play without risking your own money, try its demo versions available.
Play European Blackjack Real Money
After playing its free version and being certain you enjoy playing this game, its next phase is to try its real money version. Players must sign up at a casino site that offers this game. Then make a deposit using any of its payment options available on their site, after which you will be granted access to this game and all other variants. To play European Blackjack for real money, navigate to the Games section and select it. Then place your bet; the dealer will give you cards. You can now use your preferred strategy to have a hand equal to or lesser than 21. Players win the round and earn more money after beating the dealer’s hand.
European Blackjack Payouts
Taking a look at payouts of European Blackjack and its gamblers’ preferred rules, they tend to vary on rare occasions. Players get:
- 3 – 2 for a natural win;
- 1 – 1 for other wins;
- 2 – 1 for insurance win.
Note that this does not only work for European Blackjack but all variants of them. The natural game occasionally pays 6 – 5, and you should avoid any European Blackjack table that offers this payout.
Mobile European Blackjack
Gamblers who want to enjoy a mobile version of European Blackjack have nothing to worry about, as most online casinos offer this variant through a fully responsive site and a dedicated mobile app on both their tablets and smartphones. Whatever option choose, you will be astounded by the work that the top software providers have done in adapting mobile European Blackjack to the smaller screen. Mobile games have never looked better, and this European one is no exception. Following the fact that there are so many options, players should have no trouble finding a chance to play, no matter what device they use, as there are games for Android, iPhone, and iPad.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Playing a European Blackjack game comes with its advantages and disadvantages. If you are new to this game, it has various pros and cons. Below are some of the major benefits and drawbacks of playing it:
- Low house of edge: This variant is a great choice for players to consider as it guarantees bigger house edges, making it easy for players to win massively from it.
- Uses fewer decks of cards: European Blackjack online is played using 2 – 8 decks. This is quite convenient for card counters, enabling them to use their preferred system and monitor cards.
- Available in many online casinos for Aussie players: since it is a very popular casino game, the most reliable and reputable online gambling sites offer this game to players. So, you will find a gambling site to play this game.
- High risks of losing your earnings: this is one of the major disadvantages, as there is no hole card available, and dealers cannot check for online European Blackjack.
- Makes use of CSMs: the use of continuous shuffling machines makes it impossible for card counters to keep track of cards,
Blackjack Games: Splitting and Doubling
One of the most important things to remember when playing blackjack games is the rules and tips that can help improve your chances of winning. Its house edge is never in favour of the player. You must be conversant with some tips that can assist you in beating the dealer at their own game. Some popular strategies implemented in European Blackjack free play include card counting, splitting, or doubling down. Before using any of these strategies, ensure that the casino is not against players using such techniques to use them without any restriction.
- Card Splitting. In this case, punters can decide to split similar cards into 2 hands, and this is only possible after dealing with the best hand. Here, you can decide to split cards into 2 hands and double your initial wager. Doubling up enables players to increase their winnings, but they need to be cautious of their bankroll in situations where they might lose the wager. Some situations in which you can decide to split cards are when having a pair of eight or ace cards. Users can also double down on their first wager to lower the risk of losing the bet. Splitting cards when having a pair of 6s is also advisable. Look out for the dealer’s hand before deciding. Make sure to split only when its dealer’s card is between 2 and 6, as this is similar to having to choose between two options when having a pair of 6s. You can get another card from the dealer or split your cards.
- Doubling Down. Once have been given your initial set of cards, there is the opportunity to double down on your wager, which was placed at the beginning of that game. If you decide to double down, you will be dealt another card. There is the chance to double down if left with 2 hands with a total card value of 10 or 11. This is because your chances of winning that round are relatively low. In cases where the total card value is equal to or more than 11, you do not have an option to double down.
What is the European Blackjack Basic Strategy?
When it comes to playing European Blackjack for real money, be conversant with each hand’s strategies. The list below will put you through what to do for every possible hand-drawn, based on its dealer’s card.
Players Hard Hands:
- 5, 6, 7, 8 – no matter the dealers’ cards, ensure you always hit.
- 9 – when the dealer’s card is between 2 and 6, either double or hit. In other cases, hit.
- 10, 11 – for a situation where its dealer has between 2 and 9, double or hit. In other cases, hit.
- 12 – when the dealer has between 4 and 6, always stand. In other cases, hit.
- 13, 14, 15, 16 – when its dealer has between 2 and 6, always stand. In other cases, hit
- 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 – no matter the dealer’s hand, always stand.
Players Sift Hands:
- 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 – no matter the dealer’s hand, always hit.
- 18 – Ensure you stand when the dealer has between 2 and 8. In other cases, hit.
- 19, 20, 21 – no matter the dealer’s hand, always stand.
Players Pairs European Blackjack strategy:
- 2 + 2 – only split when the dealer has between 4 and 7 or hit.
- 3 + 3 – only split when the dealer has between 4 and 7 or else hit.
- 4 + 4 – always hit.
- 5 + 5 – if the dealer has Ace or 10, always hit.
- 6 + 6 – split when its dealer has between 2 and 6 or else hit.
- 7 + 7 – same as above.
- 8 + 8 – once the dealer has Ace or 10, always hit.
- 9 + 9 – Stand when the dealer has 6, 10, or Ace. Or else surrender.
- 10 + 10 – no matter the dealer’s hand, always stand.
- A + A – hit when its dealer has an Ace, or else split.
How to Win European Blackjack
The main aim of playing online European Blackjack is to have fun and eventually win money. We have put together some tips to learn how to win when playing that game.
- Practice playing European blackjack for free: Playing demo games will help players master this game and prepare for the real deal. Consider playing its free version before playing for real money, where you can win massively.
- Play cautiously: because the European Blackjack game has a much preferable house edge compared to other variants, it is important to be careful as it will favour you in the long run.
- Avoid taking insurance: this might be a good choice to consider, but professional players have agreed it will not work. It is not worth the risk.
- Think before deciding to split or double down: For players with strong hands that include two aces, you can decide to split. Keep an eye out for the dealer’s face-up card to see if it has a possible unseen blackjack.
- Ensure you have a working strategy: One of the most convenient ways to boost your chances of winning is to memorize strategy charts. Playing at a traditional casino, you can consider card counting your working European Blackjack basic strategy.
What is a house of edge in European Blackjack online?
This game is known to have a higher house edge when compared to another variant.
How does European Blackjack vary from another Blackjack variant?
The major difference is that there is no hold card when playing European one, dealers do not peek, and it has fewer splitting options.
What is the best strategy for this game?
When it comes to playing European Blackjack, there are various strategies for players to boost their chances of winning, such as splitting, doubling down, and card counting. The best strategy to use is dependent on the player, as he knows which one works best for them.
Does card counting work in European Blackjack?
Yes. Card counting is one of the most popular blackjack strategies used in this game. With this strategy, you can keep track of cards, thereby improving your chances of winning.
What are the major benefits of this game?
This game has a low house edge when compared to other blackjack variants, and it also makes use of fewer card decks.
What are the best casinos to play real money?
There is a possibility to play real-money European Blackjack at most online gambling sites. Choose preferred casino sites and sign up for an account. After a deposit, you will be granted access to blackjack games available, and then playing for real money is possible.
Is it possible to play without registering at a gambling site?
Yes! European Blackjack no registration game has its free demo version. So now, you can practice your gameplay without any risk to your money. It is possible to decide if you want to play its real money version.
Which software providers develop European Blackjack online free?
Various casino software providers develop this game for players to play online. Some popular software providers include iBetSoft, Microgaming, Playtech, Pragmatic Play, NetEnt, and others.
What is the largest win in European Blackjack for real money?
The amount of money to be won depends on the gambler's wager. Research has shown that a player has won between $50 and $100 million from playing this game.